Adam Welcome on episode 36 of The 10-Minute Teacher
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Today Adam Welcome @awelcome inspires us to treat kids in positive ways. As co-author of Kids Deserve It, Adam gives us all a task to do at school today. He also shares the shocking mistake he made when he started teaching. It was based on what he considers bad advice from a colleague. He discusses home visits and more.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
- Enter the give away contest by clicking here.
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- What Adam believes kids deserve and how to give it to them as educators
- What he hopes every teacher and principal will do today to start the week off right
- A shocking mistake he made as a first year teacher and the bad advice he wished he hadn’t followed
- Something unique he did on home visits with students when he was a principal
- A pep talk for educators
I hope you enjoy this episode with Adam!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @awelcome
- Blog: http://ift.tt/2nV1wUC
- Kids Deserve It! book
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Giveaway Contest Link for Kids Deserve It!
Adam Welcome is a Director of Innovation, co-author of Kids Deserve It, former Elementary Principal, marathon runner!
Giveaway Contest for This Show
The post Give Kids What They Deserve #MondayMotivation #kidsdeserveit appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.