10MT | #23 A 10-Minute Teacher Interview with Micki Uppena
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Librarian Micki Uppena has a student centered library. In addition to a rich maker space, Micki takes us on a journey into a 21st century library where kids love to learn. She also shares with us the free, inexpensive things she’s used to make her maker space awesome!
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Typical conversations Micki has with her students in the library
- The importance of relationships in the modern library
- Inspiring life long learning
- The most inexpensive tools that have transformed learning in her library
- The treasure boxes she uses to get kids excited
I hope you enjoy this episode with Micki!
Selected Links from this Episode
Some of the links below are affiliate links.
- Twitter: @mic_uppena
- Legos: http://amzn.to/2lVWg3c
- K’Nex: http://amzn.to/2lbuR00
- Green Screen: http://amzn.to/2mcEA67
- Make sure you listen to the show to hear about the free, inexpensive things Micki uses. I would link to them, but you really can’t!
Micki Uppena is a K-12 Library Media Specialist in Lancaster, Wisconsin who believes that relationships are built with students through books and risk-taking. She is a member of WEMTA, the Nerdy Book Club, and the Schreiner Memorial Library Board of Trustees. Micki challenges herself to model life-long learning through technology, travel, and literature!
Pictures of Micki’s Library / Classroom
The post Creating a Student Centered Library Where Kids Love to Learn appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.