Thank you readers for putting me on this Edutopia List!

Wow, I am flabbergasted just to be included on this list by edutopia as part of their 2008 Readers Survey. It always makes me nervous to have my name listed alongside the great perpetual bloggers (Edublogs, David Warlick's 2 Cents Worth) since I'm such a newcomer. (2 1/2 years is nothing!) (Of course this list seems a bit mixed since Edublogs is a platform, I wonder if they meant to link to Sue Waters blog instead of the Edublogs homepage?)

So, thank you readers of Edutopia who put my name on this list. I am honored and grateful.

I wish I could say that I want to become more or be something spectacular but all I really am is me. I'm flawed, sometimes don't have enough time to blog, and I can't seem to keep the dishes washed and laundry done.

And yet blogging and teaching for me are inexorably intertwined and now neither of them could ever be separated from who I am.

Although I'm a blogger, teacher, Mom, wife and more, I'm really just so grateful for the opportunity to learn and be a part of such exciting times.

When I left Atlanta to move home to tiny Camilla, Georgia, I had one "friend" who said to me:

"If you had stayed in Atlanta, you could have been something really great. Now that you're moving to nowhere you are destined for anonymity."


I'm grateful for an internet that lets me speak out and be a part of something much bigger than myself. And now that I'm done with this post, I'm going to go back and read some more about the amazing new bloggers on the last post where I asked some of you to share your blogs with me! Some great comments are coming in.

Thanks!
tag: , , ,

Popular Posts