Twitter Book Club of the Month: Saving Our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder

I'm just now buying the Twitter Book Group's book of the month, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder. I haven't read this book, although the theme resonates with me.

I am a big believer in unstructured outdoor play! (But even the words "unstructured outdoor play" sound a bit limited to me.)

It is so important for kids to just go outside with nothing planned, nothing on the agenda. Sometimes they need to get out the hose and make a mudpuddle. Sometimes they need to play rockets or whatever their hearts desire.

If you want to join in, it is a twitter bookclub open to everyone. There is a wiki and guidelines for how it works (or how we think it will work.) Add your name to the list of participants and let's experiment.

Wouldn't it be cool to actually take our kids out to freeplay and twitter what we observe to the bookgroup.

OK, now, I've got to go clean the house! I've just downloaded my first book from Audible.com and am excited about making cleaning a little more pleasant.

Popular Posts